dpt emel ni dr my NLP sifu..sebagai peringatan untuk diri sendiri & worth sharing.
Make More than Just Your New Year's Eve Rock: Six Ways to Take Charge of 2009
As the year comes to a close, it's time to think about what you want next year to look like. Stephen Covey, one of the most prolific leadership authors of our time, says there are six things you can do right now to make 2009 your best year ever:
1. Be proactive. It's more than just taking initiative. It means being responsible for your own life. Empower yourself to lead and spread your influence no matter what position you hold.
2. Sharpen the saw. Decide what's truly important. Sharpen your saw early in the day by learning to say no to the unimportant and yes to the highly important.
3. Seek to understand before seeking to be understood. It's human nature to want to be understood, but when both parties are trying to be understood, neither party is listening. By making the investment to understand the other party, you can magically transform the course of your conversations.
4. Begin with the end in mind. Start today with an image of the end of your life as the frame of reference by which everything else is examined. With a clear idea of where you are going, examine everything in the context of what matters to you most.
5. Develop a vision mission statement. Get a deep sense of your life's mission, purpose and value system, then establish your goals and a system of accountability that keeps you on track.
6. Think win-win. There is enough success for everyone, so don't view another person's success as success achieved at your expense or exclusion.